The 9Marks conference is underway at Southern Seminary. Here’s the recommended reading in their conference booklet. I’ve compiled the list here (with links)
- Alexander, T. Desmond. From Eden to the New Jerusalem: An Introduction to Biblical Theology. Grand Rapids: Kregel Academic & Professional, 2009.
- ———. The Servant King: The Bible’s Portrait of the Messiah. Vancouver, British Columbia: Regent College Publishing, 2003.
- Beale, G. K. A New Testament Biblical Theology: The Unfolding of the Old Testament in the New. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2011.
- Beale, G. K., and D. A. Carson, eds. Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2007.
- Dempster, Stephen G. Dominion and Dynasty: A Biblical Theology of the Hebrew Bible. New Studies in Biblical Theology 15. Downers Grove, IL: Inter Varsity Press, 2003.
- Gentry, Peter John, and Stephen J. Wellum. Kingdom Through Covenant: A Biblical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants. Wheaton: Crossway, 2012.
- Goldsworthy, Graeme. Gospel and Kingdom: A Christian Interpretation of the Old Testament. Exeter, UK: Paternoster, 1981.
- Hamilton, James M. What Is Biblical Theology?: A Guide to the Bible’s Story, Symbolism, and Patterns. Wheaton: Crossway, 2014.
- Lawrence, Michael. Biblical Theology in the Life of the Church: A Guide for Ministry. 9Marks. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2010.
- Roberts, Vaughan. God’s Big Picture: Tracing the Storyline of the Bible. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2002.
- Schreiner, Thomas R. New Testament Theology: Magnifying God in Christ. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2008.
- ———. The King in His Beauty: A Biblical Theology of the Old and New Testaments. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2013.
- And all the volumes in the New Studies in Biblical Theology series edited by D. A. Carson.
For other book suggestions, see this post by 9Marks.